Barking with the Spuds

Traveling in an RV ... from a cocker spaniel's point of view



I love the smell of honeysuckle; it's in the air everywhere. It smells almost as good as some of the spots in the dog run. Well, almost. I spent most of the day people watching and pulling on my leash since Dad walks too slow for my taste.

When no one is home I like to lay on the dinette table and watch out the window. Don't tell the folks, they don't know and I don't think I'm supposed to do this, at least that's what I think "No", "Off" and "Bad" mean.

Bentley




Why would anyone go here when they could sit with a Blue dog all day? Apparently 10 dollars for 18 holes of golf sounded better. The entire thing made me a bit sick, or maybe it was the fact I did not get a second biscuit this morning. I left a present behind the chair, or was it in the hallway? No matter, if they find it they will blame the puppy.

Blue



Whats Cooking?
Another fun grilled dinner this evening. We modded one of our favorite Cooking Light fish taco recipes and turned it into Margarita Grilled Chicken.

Take 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and butterfly (cut in half, thickness-wise). Marinate for 1-2 hours in

1/4 C Mrs. Renfro's Jalapeno salsa verde
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp tequila
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/3 Cup lime juice
2 Tbsp cooking oil

Grill, then slice into strips and turn into tasty tacos with

shredded romaine lettuce
grated cheddar cheese
roasted pepper strips

We didn't have any sour cream or crema Mexicana, so we mixed equal parts Hidden Valley light ranch dressing and Mrs. Refro's salsa to make a salsa verde ranch dressing to drizzle on the tacos. We used Central Market southwestern tortillas for the wraps for another layer of spice

Tomorrow we plan to turn the leftover chicken and salsa ranch dressing into a southwestern chicken salad similar to what's served at the Wildhorse Grill (think addition of black beans, diced tomatoes, and diced avocado with crispy southwestern tortilla strips on top).

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)